Zirconia Dental Implants Melbourne / Ceramic Dental Implants Brunswick
In recent years, with the rise in the number of people who suffer from allergies, skin sensitivities and compromised immune systems, there is increased demand for safer, less invasive solutions, as well as metal-free alternatives for teeth repair or replacement.
Zirconia (best known for its likeness to diamonds) is well known for its durability and inflexibility under pressure which makes it excellent for dental devices. When the zirconium is treated, stabilized and converted into its crystal phase, it becomes a ceramic. Ceramic implants are increasingly matching the standards set by titanium implants and have thereby become a more viable option.
- are biocompatible and hypoallergenic
- consist of a naturally-occurring material, offering a more natural, holistic approach to addressing missing teeth
- are readily accepted by the surrounding bone
- are aesthetically superior as they are naturally white
- promote healthier gums as the surface of the implant is less compatible for bacterial growth
- have no metal beneath the prosthesis, therefore, may provide the patient with a whiter prosthetic than could be accomplished with a titanium implant
Testing FOR Titanium Metal Allergy
MELISA testing for Titanium metal allergy is not available in Australia.
If you believe dental implants are best for you make an appointment at Holistic Dental who provide Zirconia dental implants Brunswick and Zirconia dental implants Melbourne. Their dentists consider your situation holistically and would recommend metal-free Zirconia dental implants if they think they are best suited to you.