What are Dental Veneers??
Dental veneers are one of the most effective treatments in cosmetic dentistry. Veneers are the thin coating of materials, usually made up of thin coatings called porcelain. Dental veneers treatment in Melbourne is applied with an aim of improving teeth appearance. In fact, dental veneers treatment in Melbourne is done, when you have crooked, discolored, chipped or uneven teeth. Hence, the overall aim of dental veneers treatment Melbourne is to improve your smile.
When they are used??
- When you have discolored tooth
Sometimes due to our food habits like alcohol consumption, smoking, chewing tobacco and Tea habits leads to discolor of teeth. In such cases, traditional teeth whitening methods may not be useful.
- To alter the shape of the tooth
- To repair chipped teeth
- For teeth alignment
- Repair damage caused by bruxism.
Dental veneers treatment in Melbourne
Our Melbourne dentists will take a unique approach to treatment depending on patient’s desired results and the material used. Dental veneers treatment Melbourne differs from person to person. In fact, it is based on their tooth condition.
For example, if it’s a case of tooth color, the process takes less time and can be completed in 2-3 visits.
But cases like teeth alignment and chipped teeth required more planning and testing. In fact, dentists come up with some dental mask of different shapes to find the correct solution.
Porcelain Veneers Treatment Melbourne
It is one of the oldest and effective dental treatment. In fact, it is an expensive treatment option, but very effective enough to bring a smile on the patients face. Today, porcelain veneers treatment has advanced and the shaping, sculpting and coloring treatments available for porcelain have much improved to the next level. When it comes to porcelain veneers treatment, the process takes longer. This is because each veneer must be individually designed in a laboratory.
Once these teeth are filled, our dentists in Melbournes take dental impressions using putty. This dental impression is used to make sure the veneers are fit perfectly.
Pros and cons of Porcelain Veneers
- These are durable tooth veneers with long life.
- Porcelain veneers can provide extra strength for teeth.
- These come with stain-resistant and its translucency material gives a natural look to the teeth.
- However, porcelain veneers treatment is expensive compared to composite veneers.
It is also called as Composite resin veneers. It can be fitted in a single visit. Usually, it is made up of thin plastic. The main advantage of this is, easily repaired if broken. However, these veneers can be chipped or broken easily. In fact, composite veneers are the best option for those who want quick and affordable dental fixes.
Pros and cons of composite Veneers
- Compared to porcelain veneers, composite veneers are affordable. But less convincing when comes to aesthetic appearance.
- Less lifespan, although it lasts up to 5 years.
- Composite veneers are temporary veneers, even though it has been worn for months or years.
- Less durable, easily chipped.
So what are you waiting for??? Visit our clinic for dental veneers treatments Melbourne.